Fireside Pizza - Fire Company 16
Built in 1870, FC16 is one of oldest standing Fire Houses in Cincinnati, Ohio. It's been structurally stabilized by the Max Construction Group and was restored and reinvented as a new restaurant.
The old photo taken on February 27, 1931 is looking West on McMillan. Fire Company 16 and the Hamilton House are on the left, rising above the first car on the left. Such a busy and vital street scene!
In 1978 there was a fire in in the Marshall's quarters resulting in a vacant building for several decades.
When the old boards came off the windows the sunlight came racing in - first time in nearly 40 years! Wright Design's approach in designing the new restaurant was to not be heavy-handed with the new work, but to simply let the history shine through.
Thanks to the teamwork of Fireside Pizza, Hardman Investment, Walnut Hills Redevelopment Foundation and Max Construction Group, Fireside Pizza is now serving up hot wood-fired pizzas and cold craft beer on the first floor!